Monday, September 23, 2013

Juli Juli

I looked for you during my coffee this morning
but you weren't there,
But I still had my coffee as if you were,

I looked for you as I enjoyed the beauty of a raindrop
Being so amazed at the perfection of each drop,
But you weren't there,
So I still kept watching as the rain fell everywhere,

I looked for you in the park during the children's play,
their freedom, their laughter, their happiness
the perfection of the grass,
but you weren't there,
So I played with them with my feet so bare,

I looked for you during my whole day,
but you weren't there,

So I told the oceans to tell the rivers,
to tell the trees, to tell the birds, to tell you
that no matter how far away,
somehow you are always there.

In my heart, in my thoughts,
in my peace with me
in the safest place

No comments:

Post a Comment