Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A woman's true beauty

I didn't know my beauty 
until I saw the beauty in her,

I didn't care about my beauty
until I carried her,

I didn't acknowledge my beauty
until I saw her,

Before I had her the words
"You're beautiful" simply didn't enter my mind,
not because I lacked self-esteem, 
I was born with adequate amount of self-esteem,
but because I  didn't want to be judged by that.

During my pregnancy, 
I learned about the true beauty of my body,
during my pregnancy,
I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world,
but yet physically I was the heaviest and probably 
the least beautiful I've ever been,
but I felt so beautiful because I had the beauty in me. 

Now, I feel complete,
The word beauty has a different meaning,
Beauty is her being inside of me,
Beauty is her entrance to this world,
Beauty is her love,
Beauty is being her mother,
Beauty is being a woman! 




No comments:

Post a Comment